HARK THE SEMITE ANGELS SING: ROMO’S MUSICAL CHRISTMAS LIST
Being married to a good Christmas-loving Catholic, I am immersed in Christmas music for at least one-twelfth of the year. So having become somewhat of an expert, and having been named a “goy” by my detractors, here are my favorites (with links to my favorite performances) in no particular order.
Interestingly, I have noticed that my ear drifts towards the more “serious” songs. Usually, the older ones celebrating Jesus, not the ones about Santa and his celestial sleigh.
- O Holy Night
- Ding! Dong! Merrily on High or this one.
- The First Noel , and this one.
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel
- Do You Hear What I Hear
- The Holly and the Ivy
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Carol of the Bells
- Joy to the World
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing, or this one.
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- White Christmas (lol)
- Merry F*ing Christmas
- Handel’s Messiah in its entirety.
- Angels We Have Heard on High